How to Make the Perfect Funnel Cake with Pancake Mix
You’re at the county fair and you see the funnel cake stand. It looks amazing, but maybe it’s been sitting out in the sun all day and it’s not so appealing anymore. Maybe you don’t have time to stand in line for an hour to get one, either. Never fear! There’s an easier (and tastier) way to make your own funnel cake, without standing in line or getting up early on a Saturday morning, too! In this article, we’ll share the whole process to make the Perfect Funnel Cake with Pancake Mix
I Ate Oatmeal Every Morning For A Month – Here’s What Happened
Mixing it up
To make a funnel cake, you’ll need:
- 1 Cup Pancake Mix
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder.
- 1 Egg.
- 1/2 Cup Milk.
- Oil For Frying.
Also Read: How Many Calories In a Pancake?
First, mix together the pancake mix, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
Heat up some oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When it’s hot enough, carefully pour in 1/4 cup batter (it should sizzle when it hits the pan). Fry for one minute per side or until golden brown. Serve with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Cooking time of Funnel Cake with Pancake Mix
How to make funnel cake with pancake mix? It’s easy! Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have delicious funnel cake in no time.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of pancake mix, 1 cup of water, and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Pour the batter into a funnel or pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe the batter into a spiral onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Also Read: Carbs in a Banana: How Many and What kind?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then, mix together pancake mix, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat on a baking sheet. Pour the batter into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe out 3-inch circles onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about an inch of space between each one. If you don’t have a pastry bag, you can use a zip-top bag with the corner snipped off.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the funnel cakes are golden brown and slightly puffed up.
Summertime means carnivals, and carnivals mean funnel cake. If you’re craving this fried deliciousness but don’t want to wait in line, never fear! You can make your own funnel cake at home using pancake mix. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be enjoying your very own funnel cake in no time.
Also Read: Different Ways to Make Protein Oatmeal
THANKS FOR READING